Women's Development Update December 2013
The PDF file in the link is the Women's Development Update that was presented by Marianne Holt on December 7th at the annual CCA meeting. Also, here is the link to the programs Facebook Community
page. read more ...
Beginning Nov. 1, club contacts can renew their USA Cycling club's membership through their personal USA Cycling account
under the “Tools” tab and “Manage USA Cycling Clubs.” There will be a renew link under the red expiration date. Individual racing licenses will go on sale in December. By renewing your club membership early, you can ensure that your members are able to select your club name when they renew their own licenses.
ATTENTION WOMEN: USA Cycling needs the input of female cyclists!
USA Cycling is working to grow women's cycling and we're interested in hearing from female cyclists, whether they're USA Cycling members or not.
Please encourage your female club members and fellow cycling enthusiasts to complete this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FemaleCyclist. It should only take about 10-15 minutes!
Winter training time is almost here!
A new women's only winter bike league has been formed in the Upstate of South Carolina. The purpose of the league is to provide an environment in which current female competitive cyclists can train and invite other female cyclists with an interest in racing to join us. For additional information, contact Elizabeth Brady at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page: Women's Only Upstate Winter Bike League Facebook Page. read more ...
ATTENTION CLUBS: Club of the Year applications due November 30th
- All clubs selected must be a member in good standing with USAC.
- Each club may apply for and win only one award.
- NEW: Clubs must send a W-9 and supporting documentation email@example.com in addition to submitting the application electronically through their club's page. Any club contact within the club has access to the applications under their personal USAC account page. Select the "tools" tab and "Manage USA Cycling Clubs." The applications will appear available to complete until the due date and you may save your work and go back to it at a later time.
- After Club of the Year applications are received by the due date, the Selection Committee (consisting of the USA Cycling Membership Department) will evaluate applications based on the following:
- Race Promotion
- Membership Composition
- Clinics Hosted
- Club Activities
- Racing Performance
- Coaching Activities
- Individual Support Programs & Special Award subjects (Junior, Women, Master, etc.)
- The Selection Committee will choose one winner for each Division (I, II and III) and each Special Award (Junior/Interscholastic, Masters, Women, Best New Club, Track, Mountain Bike, Collegiate and Cyclo-cross).
- Club of the Year winners will be announced on the USA Cycling website and awards will be mailed to club presidents.
- Overall division winners and Special Award winners will receive free club renewal for 2014.
- Winners will be announced on our website on December 16, 2013.
All applications and materials must be submitted by Saturday, November 30, 2013.
For more information please contact Kristen Uhlemann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-434-4202.
RACE DIRECTORS: Here are updates for anyone permitting an event in 2014
TO PERMIT EVENTS IN 2014, CLUBS MUST HAVE CERTIFIED RACE DIRECTOR: Up until 2014, member clubs have been able to permit events with or without a certified race director as a club contact. However, beginning on Jan. 1, clubs wishing to permit events must have a Level C Certified Race Director listed as a club contact. Each club can still receive one comp'd race director license at no additional cost.
TWO-YEAR LICENSE OPTION: Because race director certification lasts for two years, race directors now have the option to purchase either a one-year OR a two-year race director license.
If you have any questions regarding USA Cycling's Race Director Certification and License program, please contact Tara McCarthy.
2013 SE Regional Series Handbook
For anyone working the Southeast Regional Series, we have been provided an excellent handbook. This is good for anyone involved in the event and provides some good detailed information. It is in Adobe PDF format for ease of viewing and printing.Here is the handbook link
A Note About Permitting Guidelines
As we started the process of cleaning up the rule book in 2013, one change we made was the removal of the permitting guidelines and policies without republishing them anywhere else. After several local associations and race directors asked us for clarification on some specific items, we made a decision that since these are not rules per se, but instead of policies that we would publish them online in the policies and guidelines section as Policy VI – Race Permits and Race Directors Responsibilities. The included link will take you directly to the policies. https://www.usacycling.org/policy-vi-race-permits-and-race-director-responsibilities.htm
. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, working with us on getting this updated, and for your patience.
As always, please let our membership staff know of any questions you may have.
Thanks for all you do for the sport of cycling!
Vice President of Membership Services
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
719-434-4205, 719-434-4305 (fax)
CCA 2013 Junior Development Series!
The Carolina Cycling Association, in an effort to recruit, inspire and retain young riders, presents The 2013 CCA Junior Development Race Series open to young men and women. This season long series will offer 7 races beginning on March 9th at the Blythewood Criterium. Races are restricted to Boys Cat 4/5 & Girls Cat 3/4 ages 10-14 and 15-18 and trophies will be presented to the top 3 finishers in in each of the categories. Check back in the coming weeks for more details, as they develop.
If you have questions, call the CCA Junior Development Programs Manager: Alan Brookshire at email@example.com
for more information. read more ...
I have finished loading the CCA race calendar into the www.usac-officials.org website for all races through the end of September. I will load in the Fall cyclocross calendar within the next few days. Please take a moment to login and select the races that you want to work. We need to begin making assignments as soon as possible for the early season races. I do not have the full schedule for the Velodrome yet, so be aware that Track events will need to be added once they establish a calendar of events. As a reminder, please be aware that we have scheduled a Track specific seminar on Feb 4 in Rock Hill to get everyone up to speed on working real Track events. I will add that seminar to the calendar so that when you are making your race requests, you can simply check the seminar if you are planning to attend.... Click the read more link for the full text of the message from Judy read more ...
Members can now claim results with unreported license numbers!
USA Cycling has incorporated a new claim results function which allows members to claim results that are posted to USA Cycling's website, but lack the proper license number. This option allows members to take matters into their own hands and secure the proper results and ranking they deserve. read more ...
Online Race Assignments for Officials!
We have started using the www.usac-officials.org
website for all CCA officials’ assignments. This webpage is used by most local associations across the country. Each of you will need to go to the website and create a login and password. Also, please add yourself to the email list. This website will become our primary tool for officials’ assignments, communication, etc.
Next, you will need to review the race schedule and submit requests to work races on the schedule. You can view assignments already made. Assignments for the coming week are there.
I have started adding races to the schedule, but have not yet added any of the weeknight series races, nor have I added anything past Aug 13 at this point.
This tool allows CR’s to generate invoices and post event reports online and automatically populates the permit and officials’ info on those forms.
So, take a look at it and submit your requests for the July/August events. If you do not see the CCA logo next to the USA Cycling logo, you need to go to the Choose LA dropdown at the top right of the screen and select CCA.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Important Information about USAC On-line Registration System
Dear LA Permit Coordinators,
Effective December 1st, 2010, USA Cycling’s online registration product will be offered to promoters. For the event permits that will be utilizing the registration tool, the permit coordinator will need to complete 2 steps (these 2 steps will show up as 2 support requests on your “My USA Cycling page”): 1. Opening of event registration (this step needs to be completed within 24 hours). 2. Normal event permit approval.
During the recent Local Association Summit, a large number of Local Associations requested approval permissions for online registration to open. Currently, all Permit Coordinators profiles are set to require the Permit Coordinator’s approval for online registration to open. If you do not wish to have this approval capability, please let me know so that we can make the adjustment. If you do not want the approval capability, the registration will open on its own, and you will only receive 1 support request.
Flyer Information and Help
We would like to get word to race organizers and promoters about some things that would help on their flyers.
- List physical address for each event for users of GPS, Google Maps, Mapquest, etc.
- The flyer needs to show that the event is being held under USA Cycling Permit or that the USA Cycling permit is pending. We will post a link to the "official/final" event flyer that is listed on the USA Cycling website once it is available there. In some cases and by exception only, will we post an event flyer that is not yet approved or in a pending status and not available elsewhere (Usually only if the event is within a couple of weeks of the current date and or the permit was delayed for some reason). The event flyer must be approved by the CCA Permit Coordinator.
- If it is determined that an event flyer is to be posted to the CCA website because of short notice event or other reasons, the flyer submitted to upload the the CCA website should be in PDF format and if possible optimized not to exceed 500 kb in size.
- Make sure flyers are finalized before asking for them to be uploaded. We have had quite a few changes to flyers (some small like sponsors and some larger).
- We prefer that you upload or link your flyer in the USA Cycling website and provide us that link.
- The flyers must be the same at all online locations. This means, if you upload or link a flyer on USA Cycling and send us an updated version, you are responsible to submit the update to USA Cycling as soon as possible.